Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Thorpe Hamlet: Fledglings at The Nest

The Nestx

ANOTHER great photo courtesy of Picture Norfolk’s ever-growing Flickr collection. This shows youngsters at The Nest - Norwich City’s ground between 1908-1935.The gasometer in the top left, gives you a sense of perspective. It survives close to the Lollards Pit pub. The ground itself was off Rosary Road in Thorpe Hamlet. Picture Norfolk wants someone to help them with when the photo might have been taken. Contact them via this link. And let me know too.

I’ve written my entry on The Nest. And I’ve had a bit of a result when it comes to finding a fan. I’ve found a regular at Carrow Road who can also remember the last few seasons at The Nest. That must make him City’s most dedicated supporter. But you’ll have to wait till the book comes out for the full story……

No comments:

Post a Comment